Last night before I went to bed I had a look at my spaghetti mess and pulled the skeins apart a little more to help them dry. The dryer they got, the easier it was to work with them. Here’s what they looked like when I went to bed last night.
This afternoon I took the one that was really dry and went to work winding it into a ball. From this….
I guess I had cut it yesterday to get it loose from it’s siblings because it came out as two balls instead of one. Ah well. Could be worse. This work took me about an hour. One down, 11 to go. Sigh. I think I will start knitting the sweater (Primrose Path) and wind the balls as I need them.
Also coming out better than expected is my Spina di Pesce sock. It fits like a sock should – snug but not tight. Unfortunately I had knit 2″ (5 cm) up the leg but that part was too tight. I couldn’t get my foot into it anymore. This is the beauty of knitting socks toe up – you can really test the fit as you go along. I unraveled those 2″ and started again with 2.5mm needles. This should be better. Here they are after just a couple of rows on the bigger needles:
There are other things these days that are better than expected. For example, last Thursday I went to my first team meeting with the department I am joining on 1 May. The meeting was a pleasant surprise – organized, focused, with smart people who care about what they are doing. I’m really happy I’m joining this group!
Our bathroom project is also a pleasant surprise, in some ways. I mean, it looks really nice and there were no major problems at all. No nightmare stories to tell you about it. BUT IT’S STILL NOT DONE! The painter came Thursday for a little while, and all day Friday and he’s still not done! He will be back tomorrow morning to finish up. Therefore, we have not yet done the big CLEAN after construction and there’s still dust and cardboard covering the floors and stairs. We are now hoping that the weather is really bad on Queen’s Day so we can spend the day cleaning house. Sad, I know. But that’s the way it is.