This is the skein of yarn I won on 1 November. Isn’t is lovely? It will become socks. More precisely, it will become KawKawEsque. This probably won’t happen until January at the rate I’m going on other projects. But it will happen!
Today is a very dreary rainy grey day in Haarlem, and probably the rest of NL. It’s a perfect day to play on the computer and do some knitting. DB went to the gym but I just didn’t feel like it at all. I’m taking a mental break from exercise this week. Everyone needs a break now and then.
I had big plans for today anyway. I always have a lot of big plans. Unfortunately my plan list is always bigger than the amount of time available. Today the weather is also working against me. I was going to do one or more of the following today:
- walk in the dunes (since I can’t run and I really miss some nature)
- work in the front garden. Some things need cutting and some things need to be thrown into the green bin. But not in the rain!
- take photos of my snowboard and boots, and cross-country skis and equipment, all to sell on ebay.nl. I might as well get used to the fact that I live in a flat country where it rarely snows. I will take the money from these sales and buy some ice skates.
- take photos of my knitting. The only time these days (yes, it’s time for my yearly rant about not having any daylight for knitting photos) when there’s good light is during the weekend in the early afternoon.
- over-dye my yellow socks that got ruined in the rain the other day. This one is still a possibility since it is not dependent on the weather.
- start writing up a business plan for something that may, or may not, come about. Also a possibility today.
I just spent the last hour trying to write a DIFFERENT blog post, but I needed some photos scanned in order to do it right and I found that my old scanner just won’t play nice with my brand new Snow Leopard operating system. I was afraid of that. The same thing happened for my mom and she went right out and bought a new small scanner. I guess I will do the same. I guess the nice long special blog post will have to wait another week at least!
Well, I’ll get on with my list and see how far I get. I’ll let you know.