The two tank tops above were knit from a pattern from in Vogue Knitting, Summer 1991. The one on the right I made in 1991 or 1992, I don’t remember which. The one on the left I finished knitting in early August.
The new one is made from O~Wool Balance, 50% cotton and 50% wool, all organic. The old one is 100% cotton and even though it’s a little smaller, it is heavier.
When I finished sewing together the new one I tried it on. It was ok. I wasn’t thrilled with it. It was just a little bit too big. I wore it anyway several times. Even R. from Vogue Knitting, who I met at UK Knit Camp, took photos of it. But I wasn’t really satisfied. So I threw it in the washing machine.
I was hoping for just a little felting shrink and that’s exactly what happened! It’s now perfect! It’s a little thicker and denser, but not terribly so. It’s about the size of the old version, but longer, because I knit one more scallop repeat at the bottom and wanted it longer.
NOW I’m happy and will call it an official Finished Object!