Today I finished the pink version of Mandy’s Heart. Here are some photos of the seams. I’m really happy with how the pattern stitches match up in the seams. This version is made with O-Wool, 50% wool, 50% cotton. It does feel much different from the 100% wool version.
Here’s a photo of the sleeve being sewn in, first at the beginning of the seam, then later towards the top where the sleeve bind offs begin.
I like to sew in sleeves starting at the bottom, working up to the top of the sleeve. Then I start again at the bottom and sew up the other side, meeting at the top. I find it easier to sew in the same direction as the knitting.
Here’s the finished sleeve seam.
The next job for me and this sweater pattern is to organize a photo shoot with my models. It’s going to be interesting trying to line up their time, my time, and the weather. I’m hoping that next Saturday the planets will align and I can get photos taken.
I’m really thrilled that this is all on schedule. I plan to release the pattern on February 14. My test knitters are working steadily. The pattern layout is coming along too, after fighting with software and finally settling on a format I can work with, looks nice and I think will be very user friendly. Exciting stuff!
Stay tuned for more info on the matching socks. I’m half finished with the first sock already. I do have to be careful of my shoulder though. After yesterday’s massage, complete with elbow in the shoulder work, my back is pretty sore. I’m only doing some sewing today and very very little knitting. Stupid shoulder.