Despite the warm weather, there is knitting going on. Every day. With wool.
The above is my Hosta, which is a little over half way finished. I have 2 ~115 gram skeins of worsted weight yarn and when they are done, I’m done. This is one of Nancy’s patterns and it’s really addictive knitting. It’s easier than it looks, really, and it looks pretty impressive. I love brioche!
I’m knitting this for 2 KALs. Yes, double dipping! KAL 1 is the Yarniacs Colors of Fall 2013 KAL where you are supposed to use the design colors for this Fall, as ordained by Pantone. KAL 2 is the Twist and Shout KAL on the Madelinetosh Lovers forum. For this one you have 2 choices – you can knit anything you want in Madelinetosh DK Twist yarn, OR, knit with any Madelinetosh yarn using a pattern from Twist Collective. Nancy’s Hosta appeared in Twist Collective in Fall 2011 and I had this yarn on hand, so that’s what I went with. I’m determined not to buy any more yarn for a long while (undyed yarn exempted, cuz I need something to dye!).
The other thing I’m working on is Dahlia. This thing has been a WIP for almost 2 years! The center lace section was pretty interesting, but the rest of the stockinette was just so boring. I put it down a couple of times and picked it up again in July because I hate having WIPs. Either finish or frog is my philosophy. Yesterday I finished the second front piece and sewed the lace center to the knitted back sections. At this point it’s a big rectangle.
The red lines on either side of the lace is where the sleeves will go. I’ll take out that red yarn, pick up the stitches, and start knitting the sleeves in the round from there outwards. There are little lace motifs at the cuffs of the sleeves too, which will hopefully keep me from stabbing my eyes out from boredom. I am determined to get this thing done in the next 4-6 weeks. The yarn is Pashmina, Madelinetosh of course, and luscious to work with.
I also have 2, yes TWO, other projects going. One is a pair of socks for DB. One sock is finished. The second sock is about 2 inches underway. It’s a long term thing. It’s too hot now for them anyway.
Finally, I’m working on a new design that is nearly done. At least the version in my size is nearly done. The back piece is soaking right now. The front is already done. A little sewing and some ribbing and I can see if it fits as I intend it to fit or not. If so, I will go ahead and grade the rest of the sizes and get on with knitting a second one and seeing about some test knitters. It’s a slow process, but I get there in the end.
And that’s my knitting! Lots on the needles, making progress, keeping an eye on my shoulders and hands so as not to cause RSI injury. I’ll keep you posted on progress.