Last week you saw a photo of the first finished sock that I wanted to turn into slippers. And this week the slippers are done! I just finished them this afternoon and ran outside to get photos before I lost the light.
These are worsted weight socks that I’ve sewn on to slipper soles. Here are the finished socks, some felt inserts that I bought a while back, and the slipper soles that I bought in December.
I set the felt inserts into the soles, which are suede on the bottom and have a layer of foam on top.
Then I put the socks on, set my feet into the soles, and set about sewing them on while I was wearing the socks. This seemed the only way to get a nice fit. The socks fit nice and snug, so I had to fit the soles around them.
And here they are finished! I love them so much already that the old ones quickly went into the trash.