I realized when I went to Ravelry to update this project that I had started it in DECEMBER. I thought I had started in January. No wonder it seems like a long work in progress. But now it’s done!
The pattern is “Sandstone Peak” by Irina Anikeeva. I knit it Cascade 220 Worsted Heathers, in color Galaxy. I knit is per the pattern EXCEPT, and this is a big exception, I knit it in pieces and seamed them together. This required a lot of notes and calculations to keep the sleeve/body decreases correct, but it all worked out.
I used 9 buttons. I hate a sweater that gapes open. When it came time to make the buttonholes I first made a test one by knitting the first row as written in the pattern, then knitting a few more stitches, turning the work and working back over the buttonhole, and turning to work over it again, just to see what it would look like and how it would fit with my buttons. I’m glad I did because the buttonholes were way too small and not very neat. I couldn’t remember how I made good ones in the past so I pulled out my trusty Vogue Knitting bible and looked up buttonholes. They explain how to knit 4 different kinds. I chose the 1 row buttonholes which I made over 4 stitches. They are perfect! Really happy with the results
I’m really happy with everything about this sweater – the fit, the cables, the buttons, even the high collar… EXCEPT – this yarn attracts my cats’ white hair like a MAGNET. I’m constantly picking which hairs off of it. I think I will wear it outside the house most of the time.
I really enjoyed knitting this sweater and highly recommend the pattern. Sorry it took me so long to finish it and write up a post about it. Next week will be a WIP post about my ONLY remaining project in process. Working and accordion playing has taken up a lot of my time and I don’t have as much left over for crafts. I’m feeling ok about that. My job is going well, I’m loving the accordion, and the weather is warming up so I’m also doing things in the garden. I’m cultivating a well rounded life. 😀